Tuesday 26 April 2011

My review of Maclaren Techno XT Pushchair

Maclaren Techno XT.

I want to start by saying I LOVE this pushchair.
It is so lightweight and easy to push, even when we’ve got a buggy board on it.
It’s easy to recline and sit back up, and my little ones look so comfy in it.

When Eva was 18 months old I was pregnant again with number 2. We had been using the pushchair from the travel system up until this point, where it really was on its last legs, so we decided it was time for a new pushchair. I already had a maclaren in mind, as I have always loved the look of them, so did some online research.
After doing some research my mind was made up, it was going to be a maclaren.
I narrowed it down to either the Techno XT or the XLR. The reason we went for the Techno XT was because we didn’t know the sex of baby number 2, so wanted a colour that was suitable for both sexes. We went for the Black.

Eva is now 3, and is tall for her age, but still fits into the pushchair(very rare she goes in it now, but we did put her in at Sainsbury’s last week when she fell asleep in the car), and Jack loves it, and really does look comfy in it. Sometimes I wish I could get in myself :-p
A year and a half later and I still refer to it as “my new pushchair” as it really does look almost as good as new.

The hood is just fantastic, it’s massive, with a pull down visor and then the top of the hood unzips so it drops down even more. Fantastic for if we’ve left the rain cover in the car, or it’s really sunny.
The rain cover folds up small and fits in one of the pockets on the back of the pushchair(or underneath in the basket if I don’t have time to fold it up neatly). It pops onto the hood with 4 “buttons” so if it suddenly starts raining I really can have the raincover on in under a minute. With our previous stroller it used to take ages to get the raincover on, whilst Eva was sat getting wet.

The seat is well padded, and reclines by pulling 2 handles up on either side then sliding them backwards. To put the seat back to sitting I just put my hand behind the top of the seat and gently pull it back up.

The handles also have 3 height settings, which is great for us, as my partner is tall, and wouldn’t push our old pushchair as the handles were too low for him, and it used to make him back ache, whereas he will quite happily push our maclaren around.

It has a very decent sized basket, and as most people do, I hang my changing bag on the handle bar, meaning any shopping I get easily fits into the basket.

As I said at the start, we quite often used this with a buggy board on, which doesn’t affect the use of the pushchair, I can still lie the pushchair down if jacks asleep, and Eva still has room to stand, and I don’t feel like I’m walking into the buggy board as I extend the handles to the highest point, meaning I’m stood further back.

I cannot think of a single fault with this pushchair. It will easily last us until Jack is walking and beyond. I will either pass on or sell on this pushchair when we do finally finish using it, as it is such a joy to push, and so far has kept in such good condition.

So out of 5, what would I give this pushchair…without a doubt 5+
Would I recommend it? I already do, and 2 friends have since purchased Maclaren’s on my recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment