As a family, we have my parents round on a regular basis for tea, and quite often i do homemade curry, so i was really interested to get a verdict from all the family.
The curry arrived, containing 2 mixes, and very clear, easy to follow instructions.
What you need :
- 300-400g meat, meat substitute, fish or vegetables
- 1 onion
- garlic and ginger, fresh or ready chopped
- 1 stock cube(depending on what your main ingredient is, either vegetable, beef, chicken or fish)
- 200ml water
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes(optional)
Now the really easy bit.
- Add all below ingredients together and cook on a medium heat, stirring occasionally until the meat is cooked through.
- Chop one medium onion
- Chop 300-400g meat
- crumble one stock cube
- add 1 teaspoon of garlic granules or 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- add 1 teaspon of chopped ginger or about 1x2cm fresh ginger
- add 200 ml water
- add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes(optional)
- add 1 mandalay curry mix
So that's how to cook it, now comes our verdict on the taste.
It was Yummy. We served ours with boiled rice and naan breads, and the blend of the spices worked so well together, with every mouthful i would notice a different taste. I'm no good with portion control, so always do huge portions, and when i was full i still carried on eating, something i do a lot when what i'm eating tastes so nice. It really was delicious.
I'll definately be buying chilli papa's curry mixes as christmas presents for the men in my life(Daz, my dad and my brother), and will definately be buying from chilli papa's again, i really need to try the other mixes in their range. The mixes are sold as a 2 pack, retailing at £1.99 with free shipping.
We have teamed up with Chilli Papa's to offer you the chance to win a curry mix of your choice.
For the chance to win, comment below telling us which curry mix you would like to win.(commenting can be quite confusing, so best thing is to do is comment annomously, but make sure to include your full name i.e " I would love to win a 2 in 1 Tikka Mix. Loren Peabody).
Winner will be picked at random.
For one extra entry like both Lorens Little Lovelys Blog facebook page and Chilli Papas facebook page, commenting "I would love to win a yummy curry with @Chilli Papas and @Lorens Little Lovelys Blog Page"
For one extra entry tweet "I would love to win a yummy curry with @Chillipapas and @LorenPeabody", and feel free to follow us whilst you're there.
Competition will be end on 15th October 2011.
* Due to lack of entries competition will run for longer, for a week, or until there is enough entries for us to draw, so spread the word*