Thursday 25 August 2011

Weightwatchers hot chocolate-review

I jumped at the chance to review weight watchers hot chocolate, as I'm trying to lose a few lb's but have got such a sweet tooth, i can't go without treats.

To make it you simply boil the kettle, add 3 heaped spoons of chocolate powder(or 1 sachet) to a mug, and add 200 ml of water (i just filled my mug to the top).
I usually add milk to my hot chocolate...and dare i admit it, sugar!!!! So i was expecting this to taste bitter to me. It had an edge (bear in mind i usually have sugar in hot chocolate), but was really tasty, and i was really impressed. Definately what i was looking for to give me my chocolate fix whilst trying to eat healthily.

You can either buy it (available in Morrison's, Tesco and Sainsbury's) in a tub of 20 servings(220g)- rrp £2.90 or in sachets that rrp at around 30p.
The tub is ideal for at home, and the sachets are great for work, or if your going out to a friends, or if you just don't want to have to spoon out the chocolate powder.
Containing just 0.9g of saturated fat, only 40 calories per cup and no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, it can be enjoyed while sticking to healthier eating but without having to compromise on taste. For those doing weightwatchers it's just 1 propoint per serving.

I was also sent a fantastic recipe with a twist. "Iced Chocolate", which is a really delicious chocolate milkshake.
How to prepare:
  1. Make up the Weight Watchers Hot Chocolate Drink with 100ml (3 ½ fl oz) freshly boiled water
  2. Put ice cubes into a tall glass and pour over 100ml (3 ½ fl oz) skimmed milk
  3. Pour over the hot chocolate, stir and serve – or put in a flask to take on a picnic
I was worried that with the boiling water the drink would be warm, but it wasnt, the ice more or less melted straight away, but once mixed the drink really was "ice cold".

I will definately be buying this product in future :-) My sweet treat when my little lovelys are in bed- My guilt free me time with weight watchers.

Loren x

No comments:

Post a Comment